Friday, March 20, 2009

Marchgaritas

This will be a quick blog for my reference and be expanded later. What do you need to know beforehand? I'm making "presidente" margaritas with homemade orange-infused brandy, blue curacao and sweetened lime juice.

I've worked on this recipe for several weeks and finally came up with one that yields a pleasant, but challenging flavor, relatively pleasing color and a decent kick.

When serving this drink to small groups of guests (3 or fewer) the proportions are as follows:
4 parts tequila
2 parts orange brandy
2 parts bluecuracao
4 parts lime juice
3 parts simple syrup

I double the mixer portion when creating for larger groups. Not because I'm cheap and trying to save liquor, but because I don't need a bunch of rowdy people, drunk on tequila in my house. Mixer is so much more of a pain than dealing with liquor.

The large group recipe is roughly converted to English from metric (liquor bottles are metric/my drinking habit is English) for a 3 gallon quantity:
8 cups tequila
4 cups orange brandy
4 cups blue curacao
16 cups lime juice
16 cups simple syrup

1 comment:

Vanlewen said...

Here's my recipe for Mexican Ramen Soup:

1) Order a "Little Bit of Everything Special Dinner" at Old Mexico Grill & Cantina on 3212 Apalachee Pkwy.
2) Eat half, and take the rest home in a to-go box.
3) Boil contents of box and ramen in pot for 3 minutes (add ramen spices and salt).
4) Enjoy!